Identity assured online exams & personalized E-learning
The world of education is moving online, offering rich, individualized learning at a time and place convenient for students, with innovative tools for an intense, engaging learning experience. But regardless of where and how instruction takes place, when it comes time to take an exam, to avoid cheating it is essential to verify who is really taking the test. Online exams are far more convenient and economical than in-person proctored exams, but make it possible for someone else to take the exam. Especially for accredited educational institutes or certification programs where health and safety is a concern, such as in transportation licensing, food service or healthcare, strong authentication for online exams is an absolute must.
Most e-learning platforms today rely on simple username and password authentication to verify user identity. However, passwords can be easily shared. Cards and access tokens may be a little stronger, but they are also vulnerable to sharing and loss, are inconvenient for users, and add to the cost and complexity of administration. Fortunately, advances in biometrics offer a reliable way to verify the physical presence of the enrolled learner at login and throughout the test session. With convenient and natural face recognition, learners are bound to their digital identities to make online exams more secure and easier to use. At the same time, BioID PhotoVerify allows institutions to have a person’s ID matched with the person in front of the camera.
Reduce identity fraud
- Accurate verification throughout the test
- Prevent cheating and know who is actually taking the exam
- Comply with regulations on identity proofing in E-licensing
- Reduce in-person supervision of exams
- Fewer personnel for registration, instruction and administration
- No new hardware: uses camera on customer’s phone or laptop
Convenient customer journey
- Grant fast and intuitive access to assigned exam takers
- Easy user experience: just look at phone or laptop camera
- 24/7 availability of instructions and exams
The Software as a Service can be integrated directly into your website or mobile app or adapted to your application, with strong and intuitive face recognition through the user’s webcam or smartphone camera.