Health Care - Adding convenience to security:
Be recognized with only your eyes!
Fast and reliable identity proofing and access management in the health care sector is crucial, where mere minutes’ delay can have life-altering consequences. Various groups of personnel are involved and require different permissions. Hospitals and insurance companies handle what many people consider the most sensitive of all personal data, which must be secured from misuse.
Traditional face recognition can be very inconvenient in hospitals, since medical masks are commonly worn and obscure part of the face. Instead of the inconvenience and risk of removing masks, BioID eye (periocular) recognition only requires detecting a small part of the face. Thus, the system is applicable in a much greater number of use cases and for an enhanced range of user groups. Additionally, eye recognition is even less sensitive to lighting and changes in appearance, thus making the recognition process even more accurate and reliable. By simply looking into a camera, doctors or nurses can unlock patient data, get access to special medication, restricted areas or activate medical machinery.
Reduce identity fraud
- Prevent identity fraud and know who the patient really is
- Stop repeat offenders: flag blacklisted people who use different names
- Fewer personnel for check-in, access control, manual medicine dispensing
- No new hardware: uses low-cost tablet, or camera on user’s phone
Save time, increase convenience
- Grant fast and intuitive access to assigned personnel
- Easy user experience for all channels: just take a selfie