The BioID Web Service
Biometric authentication in the cloud
BioID Web Service (BWS) is a cloud-based online service providing powerful multimodal biometric technology. User presence is verified through highly accurate face, eye and voice recognition, strongly secured by liveness detection. Our biometric authentication is as intuitive and user-friendly as taking a selfie and as trustworthy as a face-to-face transaction. Implemented as ‘Biometrics as a Service’ it can enhance the security of existing infrastructures in an easy way, avoiding costly redesign and reimplementation. BWS enables advanced, enterprise-grade biometric recognition available to everyone, on any device, anytime, anywhere, with dynamic scaling for reliable performance and availability.
You can try out our biometric service including APIs such as LivenessDetection, Verification or PhotoVerify in our demo platform Playground.
Cloud-based by design
Easy to implement, scalable, cost-effective and available everywhere, anytime, on any device
Privacy by design
Anonymous recognition without personally identifying information
Security by design
Fraud prevention by means of patented anti-spoofing liveness detection
BioID Web Service APIs -
Biometrics as a service at a glance
- Enroll – “How can I recognize you?” Registration and training of face, eye and voice traits for the following authentication processes
- Verify – “Are you who you say you are?”: One-to-one matching for biometric authentication for online login, identity proofing, transaction authorization, etc. including our biometric service liveness detection
- Identify – “Who are you?” or “Are you on the list?”: One-to-many matching for detecting duplicate registrations and users of special interest (e.g. blacklist), for online registration, background check, etc.
- Liveness Detection – “Are you really there?”: Patented anti-spoofing fake detection against photo and video replays for preventing identity fraud, e. g. for legally binding actions or financial transactions
- PhotoVerify – “Are you the one on the ID?”: Automated verification of ID ownership through high-quality comparison of ID and person, e. g. for identity proofing when opening a bank account
- Quality Check – High-precision image quality check to ICAO & ISO/IEC standards for biometric passport/ID photos, mug shots
The BioID Web Service is tailored to delivering a privacy ensured face, eye and voice recognition with a maximum of safety and accuracy. Our biometric service enables strong authentication, fraud prevention, automated identity verification and other applications.
Find out more about our API’s and the integration of our service
Biometric Authentication Web Service–
powerful APIs implemented easily
Offered as an API service, the BioID Web Service is easily integrated into any existing application infrastructure. Biometric data is kept anonymous to protect user privacy and is completely under the control of the service provider. As a cloud service, it dynamically scales up to any performance and storage requirements, making it available at all times and applicable for a wide range of usage scenarios. The BioID Connect service lets you integrate quickly using standard protocols, while the BioID mobile app makes it especially easy to integrate BWS with your mobile apps and mobile websites.
Users are managed in BWS via an anonymous ID, providing privacy-protecting separation of biometric data and other personally identifying information: we have no way of knowing who your users are, and you don’t have to manage any biometric data. This design is especially directed to facilitating GDPR compliance through strong data protection and pseudonymized data handling.
BioID Web Service (BWS) – the world’s first ‘biometrics as a service’ – is the product that makes a variety of biometric authentication applications possible. Platform and device independent, BWS is geared towards application developers of any service or software with access to the internet. BWS has been developed as a cloud service, clearly focusing on ‘privacy by design’ and ‘security by design’ principles.
Integration is simple and flexible with no on-premises software to install or maintain, simply a choice of SOAP or RESTful APIs, so developers can concentrate on their core applications and leave the biometric service – as well as the data storage – to us.
If required, we also offer our biometric authentication service BWS on-premises. Please contact us for information.
Request a free trial instance for full access to our biometric APIs
Easy to implement
- Simple well-engineered SOAP or RESTful Web API
- Ready-to-use GUI available (with RESTful API)
- Developer documentation and examples online
Easy to manage
- Accessible online over standard ports
- Instant start; no software installation needed
- Management dashboard (accounting & performance)
Built for performance
- Cloud-based solution; data centers worldwide
- Transparent high scalability with load balancer
- Exclusive instances for the customer
- Storage separated from processing
Secure by design
- Data transfer protected with strong TLS/SSL encryption
- All communication endpoints are secured
- Access control with X.509 client certificates (SOAP) or app token (REST)
- Isolated service instance for every customer
- Separation of biometric data from other personally identifiable information
- Anonymous storage of biometric template
- Only image and audio data is processed, only template is stored
- Strong encryption of data and transport
Interested in pricing options for biometric authentication?