BioID Web Service for Biometric Authentication
Secure cloud Biometrics as a Service
BWS offers face and periocular recognition (1:1 and 1:N), liveness detection, photo matching, and more. It enables easy integration into any existing infrastructure using API with complete anonymity of the biometric data. BioID’s Classic BWS supports restful APIs, making conventional software development kit (SDK) unnecessary. The next generation ‘BWS 3.0’ will be docker-based with gRPC bringing the latest standard to the markets.
Benefits of the BioID Web Service
Easy to use API
- Easy-to-use APIs: SOAP or REST. gRPC upcoming
- Customizable sample codes and ready-to-use GUI
- Comprehensive online developer documentation directly available on-site
Extensive Service Management Portal
- Service dashboard with statistics and reports
- Service configuration, e.g. client creation and management
- User and access rights management
Best Practice Secure Communication
- Secure data transfer using strong TLS/SSL encryption
- All communication endpoints are secured
- Access control with X.509 client certificates (SOAP) or app tokens (REST)
Privacy by Design
- Pseudonymized “Class ID”: Separation of biometric data from other personally identifiable information
- No image logging resulting in zero footprint transactions
- Strong end-to-end encryption of data and transport
Cloud-based by Design
- Cost effective, pay-per-use SaaS subscription models for best user experience
Available everywhere, anytime, on any device
- No setup fees
Security by Design
- Anti-spoofing by means of liveness detection and deepfake detection
- Certified development and service infrastructure
- ISO/IEC 27001 certified
BioID Web Service APIs
“Are you really there?”
ISO 30107 compliant liveness detection (presentation attack detection) against replay attacks and deepfakes, preventing fraud simply through nodding.
“Are you really there?”
“Are you the ID owner?”
Automated verification of ID ownership through high-accuracy comparison of a live image against an ID photo, e.g. for identity verification when opening a bank account
“Are you who you say you are?”
1:1 face recognition for biometric authentication. Used for online login, identity proofing, transaction authorization, etc.
“Who are you?” or “Are you on the list?”
1:N face matching for detecting duplicates or users of special interest (e.g. database search), for online registration, account recovery, etc.
“Are you who you say you are behind the mask?”
Patented periocular recognition, which recognizes a person through the area around their eyes. Used for applications where the mouth and nose may be covered by face masks.
Did you know? You can try all our products in a safe live mode on the BioID Playground!
Biometric Authentication Web Service
Powerful APIs easily implemented
BioID Web Service (BWS) – the world’s first Biometrics as a Service – is the product that powers a great variety of biometric authentication use cases. Independent from a platform and device, BWS is geared towards application developers of any service or software with access to the internet. BWS has been developed as a cloud service, clearly focusing on the principles of privacy by design and security by design.
Offered as an API service, the BioID Web Service can be easily integrated into any existing application infrastructure. Biometric data is kept anonymous to protect user privacy and is completely under the control of the service provider. As a cloud service, it is extremely scalable to meet any performance and storage requirements, making it available at all times and applicable for a wide range of usage scenarios.
Users are managed in BWS through anonymity by means of pseudonymized ID, providing privacy-protecting separation of biometric data and other personally identifying information. BWS is fully compliant with EU GDPR and similar regulations through strong data protection and pseudonymized data handling.
Integration is simple and flexible with no software to install or maintain, so developers can concentrate on their application development.
Interested in pricing options for our biometric APIs?
Made in Germany
Originating from the research institute Fraunhofer IIS in 1998, BioID is a German biometrics company.
Our technology has a proven record since its inception and is trusted by countless enterprises, banks, and government organizations.