Identity proofing with BioID® PhotoVerify:
Know Your Customer with Confidence
- Registration for online banking and other services
- Electronic document signing and online legal transactions
- Online renewal of identity documents (passports, etc.)
- Verifying attributes such as age, home address, citizenship, etc.
- “Proof of life” verification for recipients of pensions and other benefits
Automating identity proofing through “live” face recognition
Companies in many industries need to be sure of their customers’ and users’ legal identities, ages or other attributes. Traditionally this has required the customer to appear in person to ensure accurate comparison of ID and face. More recently this process is being handled online via live video session, but it is still an inconvenient and costly process, particularly when a third-party service provider is involved. Since a person’s face changes from day to day human error is also a concern, especially with online video due to bad lighting and poor video-streaming quality.
More convenient, simple user experience 24×7
Personnel savings through automation
Freedom from external service providers
Accuracy by live detection & eliminating human error
How it works
- Two live recorded photos, which are analyzed to ensure liveness and prevent photo / video replay attack.
- One photo of a photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s license, which is compared to the live images. Ideally, the ID photo can be read out from an e-passport to achieve even more accurate results.