User experience in financial services and mobile payment
For the banking industry, staying innovative and up-to-date on security issues and new developments is everyday business. A competitive edge can be won by delivering a distinguishing and, most importantly, convenient customer journey. With regulations like the new Payment Services Directive (PSD2), higher levels of authentication have to be integrated. Facial recognition can effectively be integrated for secure customer authentication (SCA) with frictionless user experience. Enable your customers to seamlessly log in with their face and verify transactions or payments simply by looking at the camera!
Financial services involve highly sensitive data and may increasingly be subject to attack. BioID has constantly prioritized security and privacy in designing their software, as well as when processing data. We have implemented our patented anti-spoofing liveness detection, which works reliably to prevent both photo and video replay attacks. Account recovery with simple passwords, for instance, always bears the risk of a third person intruding and pretending to be the account’s owner.
With our biometric verification, you can be sure that the person is really who they claim to be and that they are really there, in front of the camera. The BioID Web Service can be integrated directly into your website or mobile app, with strong and intuitive face recognition through the user’s webcam or smartphone camera.
Reduce fraud &
- Multifactor authentication prevents both true and friendly fraud
- Liveness detection ensures user presence
- Out-of-band authentication prevents man-in-the-middle attacks
- Photo capture discourages fraud
Increase trust and secure privacy
- Greater customer trust through secure payments
- Mobile payment keeps sensitive payment data away from POS
- Zero-footprint transaction ensures data privacy
Convenient customer journey
- Easy user experience: just take a selfie
- True omni-channel usage through Biometrics as a Service
- No passwords to remember